Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stanton Social

A few weeks ago, I met some girlfriends for a Saturday afternoon brunch at Stanton Social on the Lower East Side.

I'd been meaning to try out this chic tapas spot for a few years, and I'm pleased to report that my first trip there lived up to my expectations.

Upon our arrival, we were seated in a cozy, dark corner table on the second floor (the restaurant boasts three).
floor 1


floor 2


floor 3


Our waiter explained that each person should order at least two small plates.

After some deliberation (check out the full brunch menu here), our table settled on the Warm Doughnuts with Caramel,

the Red Snapper Tacos, the Grilled Apple and Brie Quesadilla, the Croque Monsieur "Satays," the Social Mac & Cheese, and last, but certainly not least, the French Onion Soup Dumplings.

These evil little bites were my absolute favorite.

The cocktails here are supposed be fantastic, but we resisted the temptation to "day drink" and stuck to snacks and coffee.

All in all, the food and company were delightful and the check was quite fair.

While Stanton Social was a sweet spot for a girly brunch spent chatting and noshing, I can also see serious date spot potential for this place after the sun goes down.

(images courtesy the wandering eater, neighborbee, new york mag)

1 comment: