Tuesday, June 18, 2013

new sofia


Sofia Coppola's latest flick The Bling Ring hits theaters this weekend and I (like most of the ladies I know) am excited to check it out.


..
I fell hard for The Virgin Suicides when I caught it in theaters back in high school (ouch, age). Talk about an awkward first date...


When I watched Lost in Translation in college, I was officially sold on the writer/director. Bill Murray singing along to Roxy Music's "More Than This" might be the saddest/best thing ever.

Though critics were far less in love with Marie Antoinette, I found myself again lost in a fantastic world of quirky high fashion set to an ideal hipster soundtrack all against the unexpected backdrop of Versailles.  2011's Somewhere was equally intriguing from a visual perspective, but it still comes in last place of my favorites of her films.

So, what can we expect from The Bling Ring? Let's start with what we can be sure of: Hermoine getting freaky, pretty clothes, rad music and the story of the group of youngsters who spent time breaking into the homes of early 2000's Hollywood club royalty like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. What's not to love?

Check out the trailer below.


P.S. Emma Watson's character is based on that of Alexis Niers from E!'s short lived reality series Pretty Wild. Pretty wild indeed...those chicks were scandalous!

(image via pinterest/the hollywood reporter and mean sheets)

No comments:

Post a Comment