Tuesday, November 1, 2011

de Kooning at MoMA

The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) is my absolute favorite museum in NYC. I love the mix of classic and sometimes bizarre works that dot the walls of its airy six stories.

Tucked away on a bustling midtown street, MoMA may be smaller than the Met, but I've spent so many more hours there "discovering" things I've seen in books. Makes for a pretty fun way to spend an wintry afternoon...
In addition to MOMA's permanent collection, the museum always has really rad exhibits. Last year, S and I caught the Tim Burton show and this week my Mom and I checked out de Kooning: A Retrospective. If you are in NYC, do yourself a favor and stop by. Take your time wandering through the numerous rooms and be sure to listen to the accompanying audio.

Here are a few of my most fave de Kooning works we viewed.

(images courtesy inquisir and moma)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see someone else went to this exhibit! I went on a free Friday afternoon, and it was packed! So I kind of just ran through it. Here's my post on it: http://everylifeeveryfun.blogspot.com/2011/10/weekend-at-mr-and-mrs-krisher.html You're so diligent about crediting your sources! I'm going to try that in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete