Monday, June 6, 2011

luke's lobster


Currently, over the moon about Luke's Lobster's new food truck named Nauti (hello, awesome name). I'm stalking their location pretty hard via Twitter. Come to Rock Center, please! Perfect. summertime. lunch.

Luke's truck is an extension of the delicious, counter-service restaurant that opened in the East Village in 2009. Luke Lobster has since expanded to include three more NYC locations and one in DC.

Growing up down south my summer seafood meals were most often composed of delicious jumbo gulf shrimp.

Lobster was NOT a staple on the menu.

Not until we moved to New York a few years ago did I begin to understand the importance that the lobster roll played for friends who spent their summers in New England. Last summer I finally tried my first lobster roll at Luke's. Now? I'm addicted.

Luke's lobster comes fresh, straight from Maine (hence their slogan "from ME to you"). It tastes fresh, summery and delicious. Short story long? You will not find any weird seafood salad slop in your bun.


I highly recommend the Schooner Combo where you get a roll (lobster, crab or shrimp), a bag of chips and a Maine Root Soda. See my main squeeze enjoying this combo below.



(images courtesy midtown lunch, seeandbea and me)

No comments:

Post a Comment