Monday, September 19, 2011

hootenanny!

I love my job as a children's book editor. I also love writing for children. So, you can imagine my excitement over the recent release of my first ever picture book Hootennany!

Adorably illustrated by the fabulous Jo Brown, this bouncing story features a hilarious cast of jazzy owls. One by one, they get ready to "holler and hoot" at the party on Saturday night. At last, they are all ready to get down at the hootenanny!

Jo's owls are out-of-this-world amazing. They are bright and hilarious. They also dance, wear hats, boogie and more! Your eyes do not deceive you...one even sports a bow tie.

There's even an awesome song to accompany the book (hear it here).

As if working on this book wasn't fun enough, Jo and I received the news yesterday that Hootenanny! was selected as a 2011 National Parenting Publications Award Winner! How rad is that?

I'll be reading this book at the Apple Store in NYC on 10/22. Feel free to stop by if you're in town!

Party time, indeed.
(images courtesy simon & schuster)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I am so excited to get signed copies for the nieces and nephews ;)

    ReplyDelete