Thursday, September 22, 2011

keeping fit


How do you guys keep fit?

For years, I struggled to find an exercise regimen that I would stick to. I discovered I was not a "runner." Other realizations? I'm also not a kickboxer, bootcamp cadet or much of a cyclist. Still, skipping exercise all together was not an option my health or vanity would allow.

Luckily, I found Physique 57 and to say I'm addicted is a bit of an understatement.

Focused on giving your entire bod a long, lean dancer look, this class uses tiny movements to create amazing results. A combination of pilates and light aerobics (with a few yoga stretches thrown in for good measure), this class is one of the hardest things I've ever physically done.

A fast pace, upbeat music and immediate results keep me coming back for more. I also like the class's focus on working the whole body in an hour. No more Tuesdays-are-for-arms sort of schedule. The New Yorker in me LOVES the time efficiency!

Physique has three studios here in NYC, one in the Hamptons and one in LA. They also have two sets of DVDs that work wonderfully well. Order them here.

Get buff!

(images courtesy physique 57)

2 comments: