Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Kink-y


I can't stop listening to The Kinks. A few of my close friends have been singing the praises of this classic, beloved band for some time, but to be honest, I'd never really given them much thought.

I, like everyone else, love "Lola" and even "Waterloo Sunset," but that's where my Kinks knowledge ended...until recently.

While listenting to the soundtrack for the 2007 Wes Anderson movie The Darjeeling Limited (which is totally underappreciated, by the by), I realized that some of my favorite songs from the movie were all by...you guessed it. The Kinks! Who knew?


The soundtrack includes the tracks "Powerman," "This Time Tomorrow," and my personal favorite "Strangers" (check in out below).



P.S. I'm still obsessed with the Whitman brothers' luggage in the film which was custom created by Louis Vuitton. I want my own leather overnight bag with a palm tree and giraffe design. Flashy!


(images courtesy bradoweb, wikipedia telegraph, high snobiety)

No comments:

Post a Comment