Thursday, May 30, 2013

currently cooking: avocado toasts


S is back in NYC for business this week and (until my mother arrives at least!) I have been left to my own devices.

It's been busy and it's been hot. Due to these very reasons cooking a meal for myself has not been high on my priority list. Still, a girl has got to eat!

Answer? Avocado toast.

I got this idea after thumbing through Goop's new cookbook It's All Good. I wouldn't really call it a recipe because toast, mayo, a freshly sliced avocado and salt and pepper isn't too difficult an idea to grasp.

Still, I love the combo so much, I'm tempted to try different variations. The adorable cooking blog Annie's Hungry offers 3 delicious ideas:

-smoked salmon, cream cheese and avocado
- chicken, spicy salsa and avocado
-"naked avocado" served with a poached egg


Visit Annie's blog (here) for the full recipes. Deliciousness.

(original images by annie's hungry blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment