Tuesday, August 21, 2012

a swell getup for...dinner with the girls


Maybe it's the "back-to-school" vibe getting the best of me, but late summer always leaves me leaning toward neutral shades like tan and brown as I daydream about sprucing up the wardrobe with new boots and blazers.

The problem? It stays warm (and by warm I mean almost hot) here in Nashville until almost October. How's a girl to transition without missing all the fun?

A breezy button in the perfect shade of camel, a pair of high waisted denim jeans and the cutest cut out Oxfords I've ever seen seem like a good place to start. Pair with balanced wristfuls of tied on bracelets and a mean bowler bag and I think it's time for a cocktail, gals.

Red nails optional.

Get the look below.

a swell getup for...dinner with the girls
camel blouse: Equipment, $370, donnaida.com
leather tote: Madewell, $168
bracelets: Vanessa Mooney "Tie Me On" bracelets, $45 for 3, Bloomingdales
nail polish: Essie "Lollipop," $16, The Cosmetic Market
cutout Oxfords: $199, shopcolico.com
high waisted jeans: J Brand, $380, Bloomingdales

(top image via style umbrella)

1 comment: