Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer skincare tips

Summer (particularly in dirty NYC) really does a number on the skin. It's hot and humid, but my skin is too sensitive to overwash so what's a girl to do?

As I've mentioned before, I'm obsessed with products so... here's my tried and true summer skin regimen.


1. Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

(Image courtesy Total Beauty)

This face wash is by far the best I've ever used. It's light and refreshing, but still gives you a great cleanse. It's also great for sensitive skin as it doesn't over dry. Want to know the best part? It's only $4.99...even in NYC! That's right. After spending hundreds of dollars over the past few years on face wash by Kiehl's, Bliss and beyond, the winner can be picked up at good old Walgreens. I LOVE when that happens.



2. Clinique Clarifying Lotion

(Image courtsy of All Women's Talk)


I've been using Clinique since I was 14 and my Mom took me to the counter to buy my first ever make-up. While I've since expanded my horizons to include other beauty brands, Clinique's Clarifying Lotion is still the bomb. This stuff is magical! It tightens your pores and absorbs any excess oil (ew!). Be sure to purchase carefully as it comes in different levels for different skin types. Personally, I'm a Level 2.


3. Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Mosturizer


(Image courtesy of Sephora)

This lightly rose-scented (yummy!) mosturizer keeps skin hydrated but never, ever oily. It's also true to its name and keeps working hours after you apply it. I recevied this as a free sample from Sephora a few weeks ago due to earning enough loyalty points (oops!). I plan on purchasing the big daddy jar this very afternoon. It's totally worth the price.

Cheers to gorgeous, glowing skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment