Thursday, March 29, 2012

getting pretty for spring

Spring has sprung and it's time to trade out those winter go-tos from the the old make-up bag.

Here are my current spring faves. Some have already been purchased. Some are still being coveted.

1. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Rollerball

Warmer temps mean lighter fragrances. This bubbly scent has grapefruit, violet, rose, pear and more. The rollerball size is perfect for tossing into your purse or gym bag. It's also a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a full bottle.

I must admit, I originally fell victim to this in line at Sephora. I love when impulse purchases work out.

2. Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish

I'm loving this season's mint nail trend. This color looks good enough to eat!

I'm a huge fan of keeping it neutral on the hands, and getting crazy on the toes. Ready to swap my current neon pink toes out for this cool shade.

3. Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

Dry shampoo is amazing. I've gushed over it before here. Still, when Duane Reade started carrying Klorane products, I decided to try a new brand.

This dry shampoo is a lifesaver. For those of us with dry hair, it makes washing less than every day possible (aka preventing your hair from looking like straw).

I'm a big fan of using this miracle worker to refresh the hair after a lighter workout.

4. MAC Bombshell Lipstick

My best friend in Junior High bought me a tube of MAC lipstick for my birthday. I've been hooked on the stuff ever since.

While some of their shades are a bit bold for my taste, this sweet pink offering looks fly. The shade is bold enough to be on trend, but still soft enough to avoid looking too harsh.

5. Benefit's Dandelion Blush

Pretty packaging and pretty content. This blush is the lightest of pink with a hint of shimmer.

A slight floral fragrance makes application a treat. You could also wear it with bright lips and avoid feeling like a clown. Everyone knows that clowns are scary.

So, what are your favorite spring products? Any secret weapons?

(original image via vintage danielle)

No comments:

Post a Comment