Monday, June 14, 2010

5 Products to Make You Pretty: Summer Edition

Anyone who knows me is well aware of my dangerous obsession with beauty products. Under no circumstances am I allowed to venture into Sephora alone...


From the best conditioner to the most happening lip gloss, I've tried them all. So, without further ado, here's my list of current favs perfect for the summer months.

1. Tarte Cheek Stain

(Photo courtesy of Beauty Blitz)



I've long been a fan of Tarte's multi-funtional, long lasting cheek stain. Just a quick dab on the apples of your cheeks gives you a lovely, rosy glow as you've just pinched your cheeks... or recently enjoyed a glass of wine. This product is a great addition to your daily make-up ritual, but a nice option to keep handy on the weekends as a quick way to add a little color to a bare face. This product also works wonderfully as a lip stain. Favorite hue: Green Siren.


2. NARS Lip Gloss


(Photo courtesy of Amazon.com)

I love, love, love NARS's lip glosses in a variety of shades. These glosses keep going longer than most other brands with the exception of MAC's Lip Glass. Worth noting: this gloss is a little lighter on the "sticky-nass" factor than MAC. In the summer months, a pale pink hue is light enough to subtly sparkle while providing enough juicy, retro coverage to make you feel as if you've wandered off of the set of Down With Love. Favorite shade: Turkish Delight


3. Jergens Natural Glow

(Photo courtesy LauraSays.com)

Long New York winters can leave a gal frightenly pasty. Since my super fair skin ALWAYS burns in the sun, I've come to rely on this handy lotion with self tanner. Applying it in the morning can give you a slightly sunkissed glow by dinner. True of all self tanners, the more you use it, the more color you'll get. As a fair skinned girl, I highly recommend buying a shade darker than you need for the fastest results. Don't forget to blend carefully and always wash your hands. It may say lotion, but I've "heard" it has the ability to leave your hands looking like you've been making mud pies.


4. Bunny Butt Apothecary: Hunnysuckle Aromatastic Perfume Oil



(Photo courtesy of Bunny Butt Apothecary)

I heart NYC, but something about warm breezes, longer days and sandals makes me long for summers in Mississippi. This sweet, fragrant oil comes in a purse friendly rolling ball applicator that makes it perfect for a quick dash on the wrist as a little "refresher" before your afternoon meeting. NYC has nothing on Mississippi's heat and humidity, but don't discount the sun's ability to cook you via the sidewalk beneath your feet or the long days' knack for turning the subway into a sauna-grossy. When I get a whiff of this rad oil, I start to walk and talk a little slower all while dreaming of a refreshing glass of sweet tea.


5. Benefit's Body So Fine Body Shimmer


(Photo courtesy of Powder Puff)



I'm convinced that this rose scented body shimmer could bring out the 40's style pin-up girl in anyone. As always, Benefit's clever branding doesn't disappoint, but I'm happy to report that this product has quickly become one of my "can't live withouts." To clarify, this is not a lotion, but instead a super subtle shimmer that is applied using a velvet puff (extra girly points). The faint pink-gold sparkle looks great on slightly bronzed skin, and maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'm 93% sure it makes my arms look more toned.


Happy primping!

No comments:

Post a Comment