Friday, June 25, 2010

Still hopelessly Lost in Translation

Last night, S and I decided to park it under the air conditioner and enjoy a movie in. After searching our DVD collection, we settled on the dreamy and divine Lost in Translation.


(Image courtesy of Jehan)



(Image courtesy of Daniel Garber)


Now, I've documented my appreciation of Sofia Coppola here before, but watching this movie for the first time in a few years made me want to officially join her fan club. Every shot should be framed and hung on a wall. Coppola's distinct style permeates every moment of this movie and it's in a word: delightful.





(Image courtesy of Flickr)

(Image courtesy of UWM Campus Kickoff)

(Image courtesy Ask Meta Filter)

(Image courtesy WHI)


(Image courtesy of Image Text)

The hazy, dream-like images, movement and color help the viewer experience a pleasantly discombobulating case of jet lag right along with the movie's characters.

Did I mention Bill Murray is still my favorite?



(Image courtesy of Jehan)


As Bill whispers into Scarlett's ear, the harshness of Tokyo's crowded, fast-paced, neon lit world melts into something softer and much more charming. I'm desperate to visit.



(Image courtesy Cinetext)

No comments:

Post a Comment