Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mad about silhouettes

(Image via Poetic Home)


How charming are silhouettes? From pendants to pillows, these simple, classically inspired pieces of art seem to be popping up everywhere. There's something deliciously Austenian about a detailed silhouette...particularly in a round frame. Speaking of the fabulous Miss Austen, check out her actual silhouette circa 1810-15.


(Photo courtesy National Portrait Gallery)

S and I have been thinking about sprucing up the place a bit and I'm determined to somehow incorporate these black and white wonders into our updates. How cool would a wall filled with nothing but mix and match framed silhouettes be? I adore the layout of the frames below on this robin's egg blue wall.


(Photo courtesy of Manolo Home)

I'm also digging the contrast of these dainty detailed silhouettes against this rustic wood wall.

(Image courtesy of Just Lovely)

While I'm trying to convince S, maybe I'll pick up this gorgeous silk pillow from West Elm

(Image courtesy of West Elm)


or invest in these styling calling cards.


(Image courtesy A Cup of Jo)

2 comments:

  1. Love the blue room--and don't forget this pillow for Dinah! http://www.etsy.com/listing/44696414/dachshund-silhouette-pillow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Dinah pillow. Great call. Added to the list!!

    ReplyDelete