Friday, June 11, 2010

Big Up to Brooklyn

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of wandering around Greenpoint with some very dear friends who live in the neighborhood. The company and the weather were delightful.


We started our started our stroll with a bite to eat at Mrs. Kim's. The pulled pork BBQ sandwich special (served with crispy fries) is a dish that dreams are made of... particularly after a night out! I would love to provide a photo, but the sandwich didn't last long enough to pose for its photo op.


(Photo courtesy of BlackBook.com)



Next, we made our way to Le Grenier an antique and houseware shop close to the water on Greenpoint Avenue. This dreamy shop is absolutely amazing. From gorgeous antique English china sets with dainty painted flowers to phenomenal pieces of furniture that I need (but haven't the faintest idea where they would live in our "cozy" apartment)... this place has got it going on. The shop is filled with jadeite and milk glass galore, old tin photographs, candlesticks, and so many groovy chairs your head will spin.

Le Grenier's owner, Maya Marzoff, is my new hero.


(Photo courtesy of Le Grenier)


(Photo courtesy Daily Candy)




I think it's a good thing that I don't live too close by for fear of draining my bank account with repeated visits. Oh, did I mention you can wander out of the store into this backyard? Heavenly...



(Photo courtesy of Greenpointworks)


Before heading back to Manhattan, we hit up the Renegade Craft Fair going on in McCarren Park where I scored some pretty great loot. Among the treats I picked up was this initial necklace by Georgia Varidakis.





(Photo courtesy of Georgia Varidakis)


I've been coveting one of these for quite some time, but decided to pick up a tiny "S" instead of my own initial. There's something terribly romantic about wearing your honey's initial isn't there?

No comments:

Post a Comment